Police who shot Brazilian on London Underground may 'escape charges'
Just learnt the above from today's Sunday Times - "Senior Scotland Yard officers and Whitehall sources are convinced prosecutors will accept the defence of the marksmen who shot Jean Charles de Menezes, a 27-year-old electrician, at Stockwell Tube station on July 22."....
"The two were said to have been interviewed last week by investigators from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). They are thought to have used the defence that they 'honestly believed' he was a terrorist and say they used 'reasonable force' to stop him endangering the public.
"The IPCC is also examining statements made by the Metropolitan police after the attack. Within hours of the shooting, the Met said of de Menezes that "his clothing and his behaviour at the station added to [the officers'] suspicions" - a statement that turned out to be false."