Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, December 09, 2005

London Underground Fashion Victims

No
Fashion victims this week - apart from me

It's been fairly busy at work at the moment, so I've either been reading reports or reading papers and keeping my head down on the Tube so haven't noticed any London Underground Fashion victims. Any I saw on escalators, I couldn't get my camera out in time to snap them. So there will be a break this week and normal service will resume next week.

However it was our work Xmas party on Wednesday (a very good time had by all) and the theme was black tie. I wore a black dress, but too late found out that I couldn't find my only dressy black shoes to go with them. Then I came across my gold shoes last worn at my wedding in 1998. I thought, they're really not going to go with black are they, but then I thought, OK what if I go the whole hog and use all the gold wedding accessories from my wedding.



So I did. Bracelet, earrings, bag, chiffon wrap and the shoes. The result was fine, except the shoes absolutely murdered me after two hours of standing in them. I had to pull them off and spent the rest of this evening in bare feet. Loads of people said I was mad dancing in bare feet, as the night wore on there was a fair bit of broken glass on the floor, with glasses getting knocked over and there was also the odd bit of sharp glitter too. At 12.15 am I realised they were right and put my shoes back on and continued the festivities for another hour. So I am this week's fashion victim, as when I got home at 2am - the soles of my feet were black and I had a number of cuts over them - D'OH!


; Posted by annie mole Friday, December 09, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/12/london-underground-fashion-victims.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS