Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, December 16, 2005

London Underground Fashion Victims

London Underground Fashion goes Pantomime

I believe that this weeks London Underground Fashion Victims were playing homage to that great Christmas tradition of the Panto. The footwear on these ladies has more than a nod and a wink towards some great pantomimes.

Dick Whittington Boots

Firstly, we have a lady who was definitely getting on a train towards Waterloo so that she could follow Dick Whittington's steps and "turn again" to City Hall, home of our current Mayor of London

Dick Whittington Boots


I know that these turn ups on boots are very popular right now, but for me the jury's still out. Every time I see a person in them, I feel like slapping my thigh and saying, "Why there young Dick, which way to London?"

Peasant Boots

These boots would probably be very appropriate for a peasant extra in something like Jack and the Beanstalk

Peasant Boots


Beyond Description

The following boots really defy description for me, but I think that some pantomime director would be able to find a good use for them

Boots that are beyond description


Aladdin Shoes

She must have been a bit cold in the shoes, as I only snapped this woman last night. But full marks for going out in December more or less in a pair of sandals

Aladdin Shoes


Particularly loving the way these shoes turn up at the toes. All she needed was a genie's lamp and she would have been set up.

Metallic Boots

Not exactly pantomime, but I couldn't resist adding these metallic boots. We've had a lot of discussion over the weeks about (in my opinion), hideous, metallic bags, which I am STILL seeing all over the place. But this was the first time I had spotted some Metallic Boots

Metallic Boots


Perhaps they could be used in a show like Faye Tozer (out of Steps) new "musical" Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens!

Check out all previous London Underground Fashion victims here and there's also a Flickr set for them.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, December 16, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/12/london-underground-fashion-victims_16.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS