Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

On the Third Day of Christmas.....

My Tube Love gave to me

A
DVD of Train Man from Ebay

I lost my eBay virginity a week ago (I know, I know, I've never bought anything on eBay until now) and I bought a copy of the TV series of the excellent Train Man or Densha Otoko story (look at UK and international listings). I saw the Japanese Train Man film on a flight over to San Francisco a few weeks ago, It's a brill story involving a geeky young man's romance with a woman he met on the subway. The book/film/TV series is based on actual messages posted on a huge internet discussion board in Japan. A million internet users followed the Train Man's romance, giving the poor hapless geek advice on how to impress the girl and take her out on dates.

Train Man DVD Grab 1

Train Man DVD Grab 2

Train Man DVD Grab 3


I go into the plot in more detail on my original post about it, but it's a fab story and if you like this blog, trains, subways and the internet, you'll definitely like this film (make sure you get a copy with English subtitles though!).

(See the Second Day of Christmas gift here)


; Posted by annie mole Saturday, December 03, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/12/on-third-day-of-christmas.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS