Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Tube Fashion Victims Week 7

Friday's
London Underground Fashion victims

Part of our regular Friday look at commuters showing their fashion sense..... or not as the case may be.

Enter the Dragon

I thought I had somehow got to Old Street or Liverpool Street and was making my way to Hoxton, rather than the West End, when I saw this man with his Hoxton Fin haircut (BTW fantastic site about London haircuts by postcode!!!) and very strange suit jacket with a Dragon drawn on the back:

Dragon Jacket


What is it about some men (offwhite and banksy) I've spotted quite regularly now who seem to think that graffti or stange imagery painted on suit jackets is a good look?

Bag Ladies - The Golden Bag

Just when I thought we were beginning to see the back of these hideous metallic bags, I see a prime specimen on the Northern Line.

Gold Bag


Bag Ladies - The Black and White Bag

I really hate these bags that were extremely popular about a year ago, and again I thought I would be seeing the back of them. But it looks like the trouser suited woman loved having her black and white bag with a child's face and fake jewellery on it.

Black and White Bag Lady


Well at least it wasn't a kitten wearing sunglasses one in a similar style. They unrock!

Pop Art Shoes

And finally for this week, something that's either quite cool or quite hideous. The jury's still out with me, but these little pointed numbers spotted at Embankment Tube station have a Pop Art design over them.

Pop Art Shoes


Pop Artist, Roy Lichtenstein would have been proud:

Roy Lichtenstein from SuperBlogules site


More London Underground Fashion Victims next week - BTW the full set of pictures is here on flickr.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, December 02, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/12/tube-fashion-victims-week-7.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS