Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

James Blunt's London Underground Song Nominated for a Brit award

James Blunt Spoof Video to You're BeautifulYou're Beautiful inspired by the Tube nominated for a Brit 2006

Regular readers to the blog will know there is usually always a heated debate whenever I mention James Blunt on here. So let me get a few things straight before those regular readers roll out the same arguments again.

James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" is about him having a special passing moment with someone (who we've now found out was Blunt's ex-girlfriend) on the Tube. I still contest that this particular song is well written and is my favourite current song about the London Underground. I know that the vast majority of men who have commented on this on my blog think that James Blunt in general is bland and that this song is "derivative". Fine, you're entitled to your opinion, me and clearly the vast majority of the public don't share it.

I am not currently of the same opinion about the rest of James Blunt's songs.

I am not in love with James Blunt and do not find him particularly attractive.

I can see why people may not like him as they think he is over exposed, and I along with many others can see the funny side to spoof songs and videos such as "You're Gullible" and have blogged about this in the past. Big thanks to Kris for originally telling me about the James Blunt spoof song and video!

However, I do wish James Blunt the very best of luck in the Brit Awards 2006 where he was nominated for FIVE Brits yesterday.

I think he clearly deserves to win "Best British Single" for "You're Beautiful", specially when you look at what he is up against in that category:

Coldplay - Speed Of Sound
Shayne Ward - That's My Goal
Sugababes - Push The Button
Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
James Blunt - You're Beautiful



There's no contest! As a listener to commercial radio (who sponsor this category) I will certainly be voting for Blunt.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, January 12, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/01/james-blunts-london-underground-song.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS