Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

LOBO Card game based on the London Underground

1930's London Underground Game on EBay

I promise I am not getting commission for mentioning ebay so much of late, but as I blogged about
Monopoly yesterday, on Sunday a regular commenter sent me a link to a card game called LOBO which I had briefly blogged about in the past.

LOBO London Underground Station card game on Ebay


I must admit that the rules to LOBO are a bit beyond me. But I love the old stations that were part of LOBO. If you click on the links you will see some of the cards pictured with a little background description of each:

Addison Road - now Kensington Olympia
Post Office - now St Paul's
Uxbridge Road - doesn't exist any more
Mark Lane - now Tower Hill
Praed Street - Paddington Tube used to be called Paddington & Praed Street
Aldwych - the other station in the pack that no longer exists at all

Addision Road Old Station Name Card from LOBO Mark Lane Old Station Name Card from LOBO


The game on e-bay could be a bargain though as the link I was originally sent had the game selling at £30 - admittedly it looks like it was never used. But I like the used feel of the ebay one - and at the end of the day to get a game from the 1930's for a few quid is pretty good!


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, January 31, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/01/lobo-card-game-based-on-london.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS