Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Only in Tokyo - Star Wars on the Subway

I MUST go on the Tokyo Subway

Where else can you see nonchalant looking Storm Troopers?

Densha Trooper


I found this through Blogula Rasa who said in her post that I would probably like it, and I did! Check out the Storm Trooper's full subway adventures here

I love the way that no one seems to have particularly noticed him queuing here:

Densha Trooper


And also love his commentary on buying a subway ticket:

"Buying a ticket at the station. Look up at the map and look to see where you want to go - then insert the amount of money shown under your destination. If you are not sure then just buy the cheapest ticket and pay the difference when you arrive at your destination.

I remember trying to do that when I was living in London - I got the cheapest ticket and wanted to pay the difference but instead ended up paying a poxy lousy 20 pound fine. London Underground - honestly - they will take every opportunity to take money from you and find every excuse. Every time I go back to the UK to see my folks, I find that ticket prices have doubled but the service seems to get worse
."

Hear hear Danny!


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, January 31, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/01/only-in-tokyo-star-wars-on-subway.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS