Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Greetings from a very wet Paris

Ah, bollocks to all this I'm off to France

With apologies to Jack from
Green Fairy for the sub-title, I'm in our French office for a couple of days and was really pleased that I navigated the Metro like it was the London Underground and then managed to get totally lost when I got to the streets as I stupidly had forgotten to print off the address of my hotel.

Anyway, one of the smarter things I managed to do was buy a two day ticket for Le Metro (which also includes some buses & mainline trains too) while I was at Waterloo & about to get on the Eurostar

Metro Map

So I worked out where I needed to go and where I needed to change on Line 2.

All was well when I arrived at Gare du Nord, I got to my interchange station and found that at least the Parisians have chocolate machines that work and that pigeons seem as much in force over here as in London, although I didn't see any actually get into the carriage like the cheeky little blighters do in London.

Parisian Pigeons sur Le Metro


Inside the carriages, much was the same as London, not many people talking and everyone looking fairly miserable.

Interesting, however to see ads hanging from the ceiling of the carriages.

Paris Metro Inside

Otherwise, the carriages generally seemed cleaner than London's, but the seats were a bit starker looking and much more uncomfortable than our nicely upholstered ones:

Paris Metro Seat

I managed to get a quick picture of Rome station, which I'm sure confuses some tourists who may have fallen asleep and wake up in Rome possibly thinking they have travelled for thousands of miles on the subway!

Rome Metro Station

More to follow if I get a chance to explore Le Metro this evening or tomorrow.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, March 22, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/03/greetings-from-very-wet-paris.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS