Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

James Blunt reveals Tube song inspiration on Oprah

James Blunt helps US know the subway is the London Underground

Just in case you didn't know James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" about his romantic passing moment with an ex-girlfriend on the Tube is Number One in the American Billboard charts. Yesterday he was on
Oprah Winfrey and explained the song's origins: "It was about seeing my ex-girlfriend on the Underground in London with her new man who I didn't know existed. She and I caught eyes and lived a lifetime in that moment, but didn't do anything about it and haven't seen each other since".

Heart FM played part of it back this morning and the audience were laughing like a drain at Oprah, when she said "Hey James, I bet she'd have you back now, she doesn't know what she's missing!" They also clearly loved the posh Brit accent and the fact that "You're Beautiful" is about the London Underground and not just some unnamed "subway". "She smiled at me on the subway, she was with another man" to me, works better than "She smiled at me on the London Underground" or "She smiled at me on the Tube".


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, March 09, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/03/james-blunt-reveals-tube-song.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS