Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, March 24, 2006

London Underground Fashion Victims

Fashion Victims on the Tube

As I'm still in France, there's not many Tube fashion victims this week as I've only been in London for a couple of working days. As I said, in some comments yesterday, in Paris I've been lucky that my eyes haven't been hurt looking at loads of metallic bags (I've only seen one so far and that was a reasonably tasteful one). There's also been no sightings of Ugg boots I'm really pleased to say - I'm actually further south today and can see the Alps from the office window, so it just goes to show that you don't need to live in icy conditions to feel that you have to wear Uggs!

Anyway, back to the victims spotted on the London Underground who have "taken a style and made it their own".

"Trendy" Bags

Speaking of Ugg boots and metallic bags, here's the same lady who was wearing the most hideous pair of
platform Uggs I saw last week.

Trendy Bags

She's now in a bit of a quandary about which type of bag to choose from the current favourites doing the rounds - the more tasteful patterned look - this one influenced by Mackintosh (Charles Rennie) I think, or the metallic look, borrowing its influence from McLoughlin (Colleen). I know which one I prefer! But well done to her for managing to appear amongst my victims two weeks running.

Socks on display

I know that people will argue with me on these, but I just don't think that these brightly coloured lacy socks work with this woman's tweedy looking shoes

Blue Socks

In the fashion victim discussions we've been talking about the merits (or not) of fish net tights and the merits (or not) of bright socks which you want on show. I suppose because I generally wear boots at the moment my socks or under boot wear is never on display.

Turn Ups

Quite simply the biggest turn ups I've seen recently

Turn ups

She's also doing that "my top's so long it's virtually a dress", look over jeans. I can't seem to work out what's going on with her shoes here either and am undecided as to whether I like them or not.

That's it for this week. The previous entry for London Underground fashion victims is here and all of them together can be seen on the following Flickr set.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, March 24, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/03/london-underground-fashion-victims_24.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS