Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Alliterative Tube Stations

How many London Underground Stations have alliterative names?

Not a quiz, but
Big Blue emailed me with the following query:

"I recently got asked the following question (indirectly) on my blog: "How many London Underground stations are alliterative?"

The question was indirect because the reader entered it into a search engine to get to my blog. I was wondering if you could help us answer the question?"

Surprisingly I don't think there are actually that many - Seven Sisters, Charing Cross, Clapham Common and Golders Green were the only ones I could come up with, and Hampstead Heath (although as it's on the North London Line, I don't think it really counts). But perhaps I'm missing some.

I much prefer even more unique station names, such as the only two stations which have every vowel in them and the only station that has none of the letters from the word mackeral in it.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, April 12, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/04/alliterative-tube-stations.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS