Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, April 24, 2006

London Underground Chair Charity Auction

A Different Kind of Tube Seat

Thanks to Susan for sending me a link to a
London Underground chair which is being auctioned to raise funds for Leukaemia Research.

London Underground Chair for auction

The auction ends on the 28th April. It's based on an Ikea pine chair and I've just spent a small fortune in Ikea and gave myself a massive headache by putting up half a desk (why Ikea don't put even a few written instructions in their flat packs is beyond me - as their illustrations aren't particularly foolproof).

Being an Ikea chair, I'm surprised it hasn't been given a name like Billy (my bookcases), or Johan (my new desk). If I win it, I'll call it Fairlop as that sounds suitably Ikea-ish! Or perhaps it should be Neasden as it's the nearest Tube station to Ikea.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, April 24, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/04/london-underground-chair-charity.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS