Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This morning's security alert on the Tube

Dummy Bombs were art installationSecurity Alert was an "art installation"

I've just found out why I was 50 minutes late for work this morning. I got stuck at Turnham Green on the Sadistic (sorry, District) Line, as there was a security alert at Glamoursmith (sorry, Hammersmith) and the District and Piccadilly lines were suspended. So I walked to Hammersmith hoping to pick up a Hammersmith & City Line train. But this was also suspended and police were everywhere around Hammersmith Circus. I managed to squeeze onto one of the crowded buses heading towards Shepherd's Bush, only when I arrived I found out that there were loads of fire engines and police swarming around Shepherd's Bush Green too. Fortunately the Central Line was open, so I was able to get onto to that and get into the West End.

A number of my colleagues from West London had the same problem and when I was moaning about it today, I heard that the security alert was because a woman had left around fake bombs as part of an "art installation".

"The woman who is from the Shepherd's Bush area and who described herself as an artist was then arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance and taken into custody where she remains."

I can think of many other ways that I would like to describe her and artist isn't top of the list.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, April 26, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/04/this-mornings-security-alert-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS