Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

District Line Delays

Time for a Customer Charter Refund Application

I made a point of trying not to blog (too much) about how late I am because of a Tube journey. The Northern Line's constant rubbish doesn't count as you just take it for granted. But for some bizarre reason I expect better of the District Line. Since I moved house I must say the service have been delayed more often than it is on time. This morning was ridiculous and I'm making a
Customer Charter Refund Application as I was delayed for over the 15 minutes required for this.

Customer Charter London Transport Refund Form

Sitting my station we were told each minute that the 9.13am would be delayed by 9 minutes. When it got to 9.25am this was quite galling. By 9.30 we were still hearing about the 9 minute delay, but no other announcement from a real person as to why the trains were delayed. The train finally rolled in at 9.34am. No apologies, no explanations, nothing.

It wasn't until I got off the train at Hammersmith that we were told that signal failures in Acton had led to our delays and we should also expect them on the Piccadilly Line, which I was changing at Hammersmith to get. Great.

How delays at Acton affect the branch of the District Line at Richmond is beyond me but I'm sure someone will be only to happy to tell me why that's the case.

Anyway, back to my Customer Charter Refund quest. There's nothing obvious on the front page of the Tube's website to show that you can get a refund if you are delayed by over 15 minutes. So I went to the search the Tube's site for Customer Charter. Of the two pages of results - looking at the titles nothing remotely helpful. So I had to go to Yahoo's search engine which took me straight to the correct page for the refund application.

The problem I have with completing it online is that my annual travelcard is so worn that I can't actually read the ticket number, (D'OH, D'OH, D'OH,D'OH) so I'm going to see if the office who issued the ticket will be able to give me the number, or whether I need a new card (my card doesn't run out until the end of September)

I'll keep you posted. But in the meantime has anyone else applied for a refund under the Customer Charter recently and do you know how long it takes to get it? One of my old colleagues regularly made applications - almost on a weekly basis as her line was so rubbish and she always seemed to get her fare back. So fortunately there doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of times you can claim a refund.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, May 18, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/05/district-line-delays.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS