Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

London Underground Google Desktop Widget

London Underground Plugin for your desktopA Tube Tool for you

Thanks to Kasper Weibel who sent me a link to a Google Desktop Sidebar plugin. He said:

"Transport for London has given me so much

... now I want to give them something back

One of the challenges of everyday London life is to find out if The Tube is running or not. Usually it is, but not always.

I have consulted Transport for London's page on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/ time and time again. And I suspect millions of hours are spent looking up this information on a yearly basis.
I want this information on my desktop!

... and I specifically want to use Google's Desktop Sidebar (GDS) for it.

I herewith present The Tube Plugin for GDS. Install the thing, start GDS and you will have a new panel with real time (almost) information on The Tube
."

Cheers Kasper, it sounds cool. I haven't loaded Google's Desktop Sidebar yet, so haven't been able to check it out, but I'll give it a try. If anyone gets there before me, let us know what you think in the comments.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, May 09, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/05/london-underground-google-desktop.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS