Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Tresspasser on the Tube Track

Keep off the track posterUnlike Johnny Cash, Don't Walk the Line

If you have to use the Central Line this morning you might find it a bit delayed as there was a tresspasser on the track on the West Ruislip branch

What possesses people to walk on tracks of any railway or Tube line is beyond me and I would imagine they must be a bit, err, disturbed. I can't even see teenagers or children thinking it's a smart idea to do this. There is a very disturbed and wild looking man at Kew Gardens station who I saw running up and down the lines once. Most people were shouting at him, trying to get him off the line, but this just appeared to make him more determined to run up and down. Eventually he was persuaded off, but whenever, I see him now staring at the lines or muttering to himself as he paces up and down the platform, I just hope he's not going to do it again. I for one, would not want to see a one under, and I'm sure it wouldn't do the poor driver much help either.

Apparently the peak hour for London Underground suicides is 11am, I have no idea why or how I know that. But perhaps someone has a theory on why that might be.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, May 15, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/05/tresspasser-on-tube-track.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS