Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dangerous Door on the London Underground

Scary Door number 2 (or rather door 48)

Last week I saw another one of those mysterious
dangerous Tube doors with a number of signs advising you to keep well away from them.

Dangerous Door Number 2

I can't remember where I took the picture but the door was numbered 48. These doors always make me curious as to seeing what's behind them, but I've never been around when anyone comes out of them. This one was particularly scary as there's not only a deep pit but a void behind it too.

I've just finished re-reading Neverwhere for my book group and one of the main characters is door-opener called Door (funnily enough). She travels from a parallel London called London Below to London Above (the London we know). In the London Below some of the characters (including the Earl from Earl's Court) live in those darkened "Special" Tube trains which always speed past your stop and live on Choclit & Coke from the platform vending machines.

But I imagine even Door would think twice about opening the door above. If anyone has been around to see what's behind them please let us know. Hopefully it's not the fire and brimstone or deep pits full of weird underworld creatures that I imagine.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, June 14, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/06/dangerous-door-on-london-underground.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS