Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, June 09, 2006

London Underground Fashion Victims

Fashion Victims on the Tube

Once again it's this week's look at commuters who could be considered slaves to fashion or have a particular fashion "style" that they have made their own. this week in London we seem to have more consistently seasonal weather. So generally everyone has been able to wear summer clothes. Although some people are hedging their bets and wearing two outfits at once.

Dresses as Tops

I'm definitely one for long tops as they can hide a multitude of sins and in general they're preferable to a fleshy display of muffin tops or gunts caused by low slung trousers and short tops. However, I don't really understand the current trend of wearing dresses over trousers or leggings. To me you get that "two outfit in one" look. Should I wear a dress? Should I wear jeans? Oh sod it, I'll just wear both!

Dress as top 1

I now this looks isn't helped by the collection of bags, but it just looks messy to me.

Dress as top 2

There seems to be a pattern though of wearing glittery Indian pumps when you do the "Dress as Top" look. This lady was wearing a black ballet style netted skirt underneath her "dress/top", just to add to the several outfits in one.

Who has the worst bag?

Three bags lined up for your perusal. For me there's no contest here, as you all know my opinions on metallic bags. this is the first time I've ever seen a green metallic bag though and it defies description.

Who has the worst bag?

I struggle with buying handbags at the moment, as I just don't like hardly anything in the shops now.

How to Drop A Boyfriend?

Why are T Shirts with slogans on them generally more than a bloke thing, than a chick thing?

How to Drop A Boyfriend?

This woman had clearly gone to some effort in accessorising her T Shirt. The cartoon was in silver and she has a silver and black bag which I quite liked. What I didn't like was the metallic silver plaited belt that you can just about see.

What men wear in the summer

I feel very sorry for men in the summer time, particularly if you work in an office. What do you wear? Shorts, three quarter length trousers, chinos?

Murrells, Shorts & Tattoos

The man above has a job where there's no dress code. Unless he works in a trendy tattoo parlour on Wardour Street where he would get best dressed employee of the week. Murrells are in abundance in Soho, so he's allright there. Tribal tattooo, yep, check, that's fine. Combat looking shorts, yes, he's got full marks.

Ooops I'm wearing my Pyjamas

I imagine that the following man works in a trendy office:

Oops I'm still in my Pyjamas

Oversized man bag, tick. Long sleeved loose T shirt, tick. Trendy brown slip on loafers, tick. Pyjama bottoms, ... err.... um.... well.

That's it for this week. The previous entry for London Underground fashion victims is here and all of them together can be seen on the following Flickr set.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, June 09, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/06/london-underground-fashion-victims_09.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS