Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, October 09, 2006

A whole new meaning to the BakerLOO line

With friends like these

Oops

Ahhh, what jolly japes some people get up to. Mike played a trick on one of his mates "He'd fallen asleep, and I used the government-recommended bottle of water to give the impression he'd wet himself. He wasn't impressed, but everyone else thought it was funny."

I've cropped the picture to try to spare Mike's mate as much embarrassment as possible but I do like the look of the woman reading the Haruki Murakami book next to him.

I'm possibly the world's worst culprit for falling asleep on the Tube, but luckily I live near the end of the end so if I ever miss my stop, it's fairly easy to get back home. There are a number of urban myths knocking around about people falling asleep. and people's reaction.

My favourits is an old lady who fell asleep on the Metropolitan Line and was sleepily woken up by the driver. "Is this Aldgate East?" she asked. "Nah love", the driver replied "It's All get out".

Have you ever had to wake anyone at the end of a line? How did they take it?


; Posted by annie mole Monday, October 09, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/10/whole-new-meaning-to-bakerloo-line.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS