Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, June 25, 2007

From my train's window

Just got back from a long weekend in Palma, where I didn't think I'd be making any rail travel. However we found a lovely railway that runs through Mallorcan mountains from Palma to Soller. If you want all the track information, length of journey, number of tunnels, blah, blah it's all
here

Lemon Trees from Soller

But it was simply nice being in a train in the sunshine with amazing views. Where potentially you can reach out to grab lemons from the trees (although you'd probably break your arm in the process).

Railway Line under glass - Palma Leaving Soller
Viewpoint from Banya Mountain View from Train

London with all the rain on the lines seemed a million miles away. Did we have any lines or stations closed due to the wrong time of rain when I was gone?

Monkeyboy 69 has sent me in the direction of Sparkes68's photos of a flooded line at Tame Bridge, just so I can see what I missed.
Tame Bridge Station Flooded taken by Sparkes68


; Posted by annie mole Monday, June 25, 2007 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2007/06/from-my-trains-window.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS