Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, August 10, 2007

You never know who you're sitting next to

It still amazes me that people who use mobiles on the Tube seem to think they're in a vacuum and that no one is listening to their conversations. I can't be the only person who listens to mobile calls when there's nothing better to do (or even when there is). Specially when the conversation revolves around a soap.

On the Sadistic Line I was in a fairly empty carriage and the woman next to me was talking about an actress friend who had got back in touch with her after a long absence. I learnt that the actress was called Kate and the major story she was part of meant she was working all hours. "You know what it's like with soaps", the woman said. At this point I gave up reading my paper. The actress had been through the mill, had counselling, gone to The Priory but had now recovered. She had a new bloke and everything was wonderful.

Jeez - if only I knew what soap she was in, I could be the concerned "friend" and sell my story to The Sun. Her motor mouth friend actually revealed the soap in her next breath. I spent ages thinking who it could possibly be and after watching one of my favourites on Monday, I think I've narrowed it down to the right person (that's assuming she's gone back to the soap).

I'm not going to reveal who I think it is as I could be wrong, but if I had been a Sun or News of the World journalist I'd be having a field day right now. I wonder how many "exclusives" or "real life stories" make their debut through someone blabbing on the Tube? Or how many office secrets are revealed by rushed PowerPoint reading on the way into work?

Do you have any goss or juicy stories you've overheard on the Tube?


; Posted by annie mole Friday, August 10, 2007 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2007/08/you-never-know-who-youre-sitting-next.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS