Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Qype party and almost missing last Tube home

Went to the fab
Qype party last night, so was able to help drink them dry as the booze flowed (quite literally) freely.

Three and Out Poster on the Tube

Evening started at Chancery Lane Tube where I saw the Tube poster for Mackenzie Crook's Tube film, Three and Out.

Zapping onto Tottenham Court Road to hear the voice on the PA system kindly informing us that the "planned industrial action by some London Underground staff has been suspended, please look out in media outlets for further details". Media outlets couldn't they just say shops or newsagents?

The Qype party itself was fun, so waving at all the people I knew there: our lovely hosts Andy & Rob, Rob's wife Nina (so sorry for the food spittage) Lloyd Davies sans ukelele, LJ, Darika, and Londonflimgeek.

But the good thing about parties is that you get to meet a lot of nice people you've never met before. So waving at tiki Chris, Mr Bluesky, the Duck, Kathryn, and Poppy. It was a pleasure to meet you all.

Going home I was absolutely knackered and fell asleep more or less from Leicester Square. I normally have some innate sense that I like to call the Tube Fairies who wake me up, near my stop. Today the Tube fairies, may have been on strike! I woke up thinking that I had missed my stop and that I was approaching Acton Town. I was in fact approaching Hounslow East. (I was virtually at Heathrow Airport - the scene of Naomi Campbell assaulting a police officer - not another fan of Terminal 5!)

It took forever to get back home. On the way back we waited at Acton Town for ages, before the train decided to leave. Changing at Turnham Green, another long wait and a man had pressed the useless platform help pod and in the end I ran down the stairs and asked the remaining staff member what as going on.

I clearly need to start wearing "wakemeupat" stickers.


However, well done to the Qype team for organising a fab night out. Plus don't forget to complete their survey on which Tube line has the hottest commuters on it. That's "hot" as in "sexy" not "hot" as in the poor folk trapped on the Jubilee Line last night.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, April 04, 2008 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2008/04/qype-party-and-almost-missing-last-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS