Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Kew Gardens Treetop Walkway, Picnics & Nom Nom Nom

Looks like the weather today is going to be as hot, if not hotter, than yesterday. On Sunday I was once again in Kew Gardens having a picnic, but my Samsung digital camera finally died on me after about three years hard labour (I'm getting a Canon Ixus in the next few days). It was nice to laze around with papers & a couple of mates - but annoying to only have a camera phone. People often ask me if my Tube pictures are taken using a camera phone - they're certainly not. Maybe it's my phone or my photography, but I find the quality of photos from mobile phone cameras to be pretty pants.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was in Kew Gardens with my proper camera did the
Kew Gardens Treetop Walkway walk with a group of people including, bloggers Rachel and Francine. The picture below shows how scary and amazing it was:

Walking through Trees at Treetop Walkway Kew Gardens

This picture made it onto Kew Garden's People's Arboretum site which I'm really pleased about. Thanks Kew!

I love Rachel's picture of all the Yummy Mummy buggies parked outside the walkway entrance:

Kew Gardens by rachelc

Yesterday's picnic used up even more leftovers from Nom Nom Nom:

Leftovers from Nom Nom Nom Goody Bags by mexbeadyeyes

Francine had written a funny blog post about Crips and how they would find it hard to get sold in the US:

"the first thing the brand name conjures up in my mind is gang warfare. It's also a derogatory term for disabled people. I did think the baked wheat-potato crisps were a nice, light alternative to potato chips, but I just can't imagine any store in the U.S. carrying these snacks from Derbyshire."

Finally, today is the last day of voting for the participants of Nom Nom Nom - although you still have another week to get entries into the charity prize draw and possibly win lunch in the Tube carriage offices in the sky.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, June 09, 2008 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2008/06/kew-gardens-treetop-walkway-picnics-nom.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS