Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm a Digital Nomad Me - Dell Latitude Launch at Altitude

Tomorrow I will be travelling on the
Orient Express (how I managed to type that without screaming is beyond me), but mainly because I'm currently in a room with some of the UK's finest Tech journos - T3, Computer Weekly, PCW, What Laptop, Which Geek, you name it they're here. We're on the top floor of Altitude with a stunning view of the London skyline and joined a live webcast link to San Francisco where Dell launched their new business laptop - the Latitude.

London Skyline from Altitude 7 - Dell Latitude Launch

L J Rich was a superstar and somehow persuaded them that I should be in the guest list as I would be a perfect case for "test driving" their laptops for business use. Strangely they agreed and tonight was the launch. The main theme seems to be "Business not as usual" - which I like. They've realised that the 21st century definition of where one "works" or where one does "business" is pretty much dead. It's a world of "Digital Nomads" and people who work on the move and want to work when they are travelling just as well as they might from their desks, their home offices or on the road.

Dell Digital Nomads by L J Rich

Stupidly my mobile has now run out of battery power (so I'm blogging directly from a Dell XPS its consumer model) - but you can see some of the twittering I was doing from the presentation.

Dinner Seating Plan - Dell Latitude Launch

We've got dinner, now and an after dinner speech from another "Digital Nomad" who holds the world record for travelling the fastest around the world on a bicycle. He blogged throughout his journey and couldn't have actually done as well (apparently) without technology to record & prove where he was going. It also kept him connected with the wider world who followed his travels and kept his spirits going through commenting on his blog.

Pictures from this evening are now on my Flickr set. Press release with full specs and techie stuff for those who like that here.

See you all tomorrow where I'll be blogging from the Orient Express - HOOOOORAHHHHHH!


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, August 12, 2008 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2008/08/im-digital-nomad-me-dell-latitude.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS