1. Which is the only London Underground station to have an identical name as one on the Paris Métro?
A: TEMPLE (On Ligne 3, just south of Republique in Paris)
2. Where on the Paris Métro can the famous London Underground Johnston font regularly be seen?
A: Every large Métro station wall poster for the department store Gallerie LaFayette includes a box of text in the Johnston font - it's sometimes quite large and is really obvious to anyone who knows the London Transport font, looking quite incongurous in the Paris Métro (the posters are up the whole time as the store runs a constant campaign of them).
3. Which London underground station has the French word for "wood" in its name?
A: Theydon Bois - (Think of Bois de Boulogne, Bois de Vincennes, the big parks on either side of Paris)
4. Which Paris Métro station (just like "Bull and Bush" on the Northern Line) was only built at platform level and never opened to the public?
A: There are two in fact: one provisionally to be called "Haxo" was on the now closed short-lived 1950s shuttle between Porte des Lilas and Pres St Gervais - there is the slimmest chance this could one day be used if the talked about "Ligne 15" ever comes to fruition (a potential amalgamation of Lignes 7bis and 3bis).
5. What are the four stations on the Paris Métro and the London Underground (two in each city) with only four letters in their name.
A: OVAL & BANK of course in London and IENA & CITE in Paris
Thanks to you Mark realised there is another one - ROME in Paris!
6. Name the (now closed) Paris Métro station which had the same name as a London Tube station which started its life as Gillespie Road?
A: ARSENAL (was once on Ligne 5 between Bastille & Quai de la Rapee).
7. What's the only Paris Métro station named after a British monarch - also currently a terminal station of the DLR?
A: GEORGE V on Ligne 1 in Paris, and "King George V" at the end of the DLR
So the four lucky winners of either a Mind the Gap beer spillage mat or a Mind the Gap fridge magnet are.....
Paul Mison Bazza Janie Stanford Alan Perks
Congrats and if the four of you could leave a comment on the blog ASAP with your preference of the beer mat or the magnet. Whoever gets in first will have first dibs as there are only two mats & two magnets on offer. I'll then get in touch with you for your address details & they'll be winging their way to you in the post.