Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, March 13, 2009

London Underground Fashion Victims

Realised that I haven't penned a Friday Fashion Victim blog post all year, in fact the last one I did was in October last year. This is really for lack of fashion victims on the Tube, I've seen my fair share of Ugg boots this winter and a number of people who've clearly "taken a style and made it their own". But I've just not managed to get my camera out in time to get a shot that shows them at their best.

However at the end of February, I was lucky enough to sit opposite one of my favourite type of victims. The person who sits on the London Underground travelling through tunnels with shades on.

Shades and Primark

People who wear shades inside, generally need to have a word with themselves, but to do this in winter, when there is no natural daylight or sun in the bowels of the Piccadilly Line, is even worse.

This guy had just been on a massive shopping trip to Primark and decided to use the air vents behind him to hang up some of his goodies.

I think he was going for the Milan designer look as his sunglasses were on a holder, so he could have easily hung them round his neck, or even popped them on top of his head. But no, keeping them on to give the "I'm possibly a mysterious celebrity with a love of Primark" look, was the preferred option.

Until next time, the previous fashion victim post is here and the complete picture gallery of all the Tube Fashion Victims can be seen on the following Flickr set.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, March 13, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/03/london-underground-fashion-victims.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS