Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Walk the Piccadilly Line

A train operator on the Piccadilly Line has decided to run its entire length of 40 miles. This isn't just so that he can get into work on time, but it's to raise money for the NSPCC and also help him lose some weight.


Edward Spencer, weighed 18 stone in June last year and was finding lots of excuses for not keeping fit. He said "One day I was feeling a bit depressed and decided to go for a walk, I walked to Wood Green and bought a book. After walking to Wood Green I decided to walk home and on my return I decided that I quite enjoyed walking, I was sweating like a pig and thought that maybe I might have lost some weight! I went to Argos and bought some scales."

Over the past 7 months he lost 4 stone through running & is now going to run the entire Piccadilly Line from Uxbridge to Cockfosters in a day.

You can follow his progress including a Google map of the route & his training on his blog WalkthePiccadillyLine.com. Edward estimates the run ,which is equivalent to just over one and a half marathons, will take him between 10 and 12 hours.

Thanks to version-3-point-one for the heads up to this & if you'd like to support Edward's efforts for the NSPCC here's a link to his Justgiving page.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, March 18, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/03/walk-piccadilly-line.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS