Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Filming the Tube Carriages in the sky

Regular readers will remember my first visit to the amazing offices in Great Eastern Street in the City, made from
old Jubilee Line London Underground carriages. My colleague at work told me that at Current, one of our users had made a film of how the carriages got up into the air.



So you'll see Tom Foxcroft from Village Underground (pictured below once settled in his office) helping to get the carriages fixed on top of a railway viaduct overlooking a fantastic city skyline. It's still one of the coolest office spaces I've seen in London:

Tom Foxcroft in the Tube Office

James in his Tube Carriage Office

I will see if I can arrange another visit to see my friend James Grieve (above), whose theatre company, Nabokov have their office up there. He was game for a few other people coming to, so let me know if you're interested and I'll see what I can do. The place always has a massive queue for it during London's Open House weekend and the views on the clear day are pretty stunning.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, April 08, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/04/filming-tube-carriages-in-sky.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS