Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tube Photo of the Week

I'm lucky living in Kew and working in the West End, as if I see any "How to get to" signs at my London Underground stations they're to nice places like Kew Gardens or tourist spots or theatres. So I felt for
nicasaurusrex who saw the following sign on when leaving Leytonstone Tube station.

How do I get to... by nicasaurusrex

As she said "Leytonstone didn't exactly fill me with hope."

Leytonstone Tube was also the home of one of the best (or is that worst) Tube fashion victims I saw:

Vile Offwhite Jacket by Annie Mole

But on the plus side it does have a series of wonderful Hitchcock mosaics, albeit in the badly lit underpass.

Hitchcock Leytonstone London Underground Mosaics - from ticket hall

Perhaps the staff at the Tube could have added a note to have a look at those mosaics on the way, to brighten up your walk to the job centre, hospital or benefits office.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, April 30, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/04/tube-photo-of-week_30.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS