Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sleeping on the Circle Line

I wonder how many times someone has really gone round & round asleep on the Circle Line? I saw the ad below yesterday. It features a tired sleeper, falling on a surprisingly cheerful looking fellow commuter. I know that I never look happy on the odd occasion I've been the pillow of a London Underground sleeper.

Tired Tube Ad

My worst Tube sleeping episode was when I fell asleep on the Piccadilly line and ended up at one of the Heathrow Terminals. I then fell asleep on the way back, missed my stop by about four stops. Went back on the line and it was all I could do to keep myself awake to change lines at Turnham Green. I had visions of being on that Heathrow loop for the whole evening.

Perhaps the makers of these energy pills should sponsor the "Wake me up at" stickers & badges, I blogged about last week. It could be the perfect match. They could print "I wouldn't need these if I'd taken blah, blah, blah" on the bottom


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, October 06, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/10/sleeping-on-circle-line.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS