Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, June 25, 2010

iPad on the Tube

Like buses, you wait ages to see someone using an iPad on the London Underground, then along come several. Well, two!

iPads still have that "ooh" factor when someone takes one out and up until now, I've never seen one being used on the Tube. Yesterday, I saw my first and then this morning my second, pictured below.

iPad on Tube by Annie Mole

The Tube's normally a good place to spot early adopters of new technology. The guy pictured above on the Central Line was reading The Times (which looked remarkably sharp even from where I was sitting). The man yesterday had his propped up in its holder and was typing an email.

I'll probably see loads of them now that I've broken my duck. Gradually they'll become common place. But for the moment, I wonder if more people are carrying them around and just worried about having them on display while commuting? Have you seen anyone using one on the Tube or any other public transport?


; Posted by annie mole Friday, June 25, 2010 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2010/06/ipad-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS