Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

London Bridge tube station appearing in a TV Advert?

Leaving the TV on as background noise the other day, I happened to look up just as an advert came on which seemed to be set inside London Bridge underground station. As I only just caught the advert out of the corner of my eye - which is apt as it was for mascara - I had to hunt around on YouTube to find the advert again.

Hang on, that isn't London Bridge station - or if it is, there is a very clean looking section of the tunnels I am not familiar with.

I presume the entire background is a "green screen" special effect, and although they have an authentic looking tube roundel, a fashion label wouldn't want to be too closely associated with the tunnels of the tube network itself.

Personally, I think if anyone goes to the trouble of licensing the tube roundel (they do have a license don't they?), then they should be required to use a real tube station for authenticity. Especially as they would probably have to hire a disused tube station and we can then get excited by the fleeting glimpses of the hidden world that lurks under our streets.

Incidentally, while I gather from the advert that it makes eye lashes appear longer, what is the Lash Accelerator they talk about? Does it make your eyes blink faster?

Yes, I just wrote a blog post about ladies makeup. I need to go down the pub and watch football to reclaim my masculinity!


; Posted by IanVisits Tuesday, October 05, 2010 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2010/10/london-bridge-tube-station-appearing-in.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS