Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, August 31, 2012

While I'm away .... guest blogger

Those of you who follow me on Twitter, may have seen that I'll be off on holiday to Bali & Bangkok for two weeks! Even though there will be internet where I'm staying, I  don't exactly relish the idea of blogging about the Tube while I'm lying on a sun lounger. It'd hardly be authentic too!

However,  rather than leaving a gap, I've lined up a great guest blogger for you.

Ianvisits chatting to  Museum Depot Volunteer John
Ian (on the left) chatting to London Transport Museum Volunteer John

Many of you might know IanVisits and in fact he's kindly agreed to step in for me before when I've been on holiday. Ian's a perfect choice to "babysit" the blog, as he knows more about the London Underground than I do. He's been commenting & sending me stuff to blog for many years now. As well as blogging himself, he runs a ridiculously comprehensive events calendar packed with interesting things to do in London (no idea how he finds out about good events so quickly!).

He's blogged and photographed some wonderful Tube related tours - including West Ashfield, Brunel's Thames Tunnel walk and a visit to the disused platforms at Charing Cross on 1938 Tube stock. I first met Ian at launch of London Transport Museum's Art of the Poster exhibition four years ago. 

I'll still be popping in from time to time and if you want see what I'm up to in Bali, I'll be tweeting and adding photos to my Flickr stream.

In the meantime please welcome Ian (he's IanVisits on Twitter) and I'll be back in two weeks.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, August 31, 2012 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2012/08/while-im-away-guest-blogger.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS