Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kim Wilde serenades train commuters

Tis the season to have drunken carriage singers! We've all been on the London Underground when either buskers or party revellers decide to belt out songs to everyone on board. Usually we're not treated to celebrities doing this though. Katherine Eames was on a First Capital Connect train heading towards Potters Bar and did a double take when she saw 80's singer Kim Wilde with a pair of antlers belting out a medley of her songs.

She said: "After a truly rubbish day, I got on the train home and couldn't get a seat, a man pulled out his guitar "Oh here we go!" I thought. Then a drunken woman starts singing. Hang on a minute, I know that voice?! It really was KIM WILDE! This totally made my day. Thank you. She is an absolute legend! Merry Christmas everyone."


I love this.  I love how she makes an effort to get everyone else to join in. I love that she's certainly not doing the "I'm a celebrity, look at me using public transport".  She seemed genuinely surprised at the reaction after this was uploaded to YouTube.  As far as she's concerned it was just her and her brother Ricky just having a sing a long. The video received over 800,000 views and she Tweeted "truly, i am overwhelmed and confused at such a huge reaction to my night out on the tiles. Making me giggle a LOT: )".

If only we could get her to pair up with
Roland Gift who I spotted on the Tube last year, perhaps we could get an 1980's "Here & Now" style Tube sing-a-long crawl / ride going!

You might also like
September's Celebrity Tube Spot / Stalk
Underground Orchestra Preview
Tube Orchestra Challenge 
Rihanna on the Tube
The Sun says Rihanna's becoming "greasy haired trainspotting Anorak" & obsessed with the Tube


; Posted by annie mole Sunday, December 16, 2012 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2012/12/kim-wilde-serenades-train-commuters.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS