Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

More District Ramblings

Right, just a few more days blogging on my new route to work, and I'll have got it all out of my system, and i'll go all quiet again. In the meantime, more things that have occured to me:

Is it me or is Earl's Court station looking much nicer these days? The brand new lift that spans the two platforms is now in operation and looks very clean and modern - but the rest of Earl's Court this morning just 'felt' a lot cleaner and spacious than normal!

At High St. Ken, I've got a brand new game that I play each day going home now, and it's similar to Neil's infamous "Chocolate Challenge". It's.. "Can buy a copy of the Evening Standard in less than 20 seconds".

That's right.. annoyed that i didn't have a paper to read the other day, I realise i was towards the front of the train near the 'Grab-a-bite' kiosk that is on the southbound platform of HSK. It lines up with the rear of the first carriage, or the front of the second.. and it can be done.

Train pulls in, doors open - hand over your 40p, grab a copy of the 'Standard' and jump back on the train all within 20 seconds. The other day that I did it, I even managed to get my orginal seat back before anyone else pinched it - much to the amusment of the lady sitting opposite me. So try it, next time you're passing through...



; Posted by Anonymous Tuesday, November 09, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/11/more-district-ramblings.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS