Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Thanks for travelling by Underground

Following on from
Friday's post where I wondered if the Tube would ever do a general ad campaign saying Sorry for their service, Olly sent me a picture of a sign thanking us for travelling on the London Underground

Thank you for travelling by Underground by Olib

He said "I think it's the first time I've actually seen a sign thanking me for travelling by Underground. Without it sounding like some kind of weird obsession, do you know if this sign as unique as I think it is?"

This got me thinking, as I reckon he's right. I can't remember seeing signs that do this. Occasionally, I'll hear the odd announcement on the trains themselves thanking me for travelling by Tube. Admittedly I find that weird as it reminds me of being on a plane and you're thanked for using a certain airline. Often with the Tube many of us haven't got much choice, but to use it - but at the end of the day there is a choice. So perhaps there should be more signs like this which thank us for using it.

So is Olly right, are these signs as unusual as he thinks? Also do you know which station he saw the sign in?


; Posted by annie mole Monday, May 11, 2009 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/05/thanks-for-travelling-by-underground.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS