Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Stewart Herring D'OH Stewart Lee on the Tube

At Angel this morning a bloke got on my carriage who looked remarkably like
Stewart Lee (the guy who wrote Jerry Springer The Opera and a major Brit stand up comic). You know what it's like when you see someone in a non familiar surrounding you're never really sure it's them. He looked shorter than I thought he was. Plus he was having an intense conversation about pig farming.

But that's what made me really think, that must be Stewart Lee. Weirdly I had been helping to run an event about food and buying food from farmers' markets only yesterday and there was Stewart Lee (I thought) right in front of me.

So I plucked up the courage and said "Excuse me are you Stewart Herring?" He looked at me a bit strangely - probably cos it turned out that he was Stewart Lee and said "Err yes" I said, "Do you mind if I take a photo of you? As I run a blog about the Tube and weirdly yesterday was running an event about food and how it's farmed". He looked a bit awkward but said "Alright then". I said "I'm going to have to be quick cos I get off at the next stop". So managed to grab a couple of quick shots on the moving train (only just uploaded now as I left my camera lead at the Cookery School). The really blurry one is just on this link, but the one I prefer is below:

Stewart Lee on the Tube

Oh yeah and the reason I called him Stewart Herring (to those who haven't already guessed) is because his comedy partner - at least when I first heard of him - is a guy called Richard Herring. D'Oh, D'Oh, D'Oh.

To see my other comedians amongst my London Underground Celebrity Stalking er sorry Tube Celebrity Spotting spots check out these blog posts: Rob Brydon Matthew Kelly, Jack Doherty (Men's Uggs Celebrity Tube Fashion Victim). Second thoughts, didn't realise I had so many comedians, perhaps I'd better not tell him, he'd have me arrested.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, May 19, 2008 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2008/05/stewart-herring-doh-stewart-lee-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS