Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Celebrity Spotting on the London Underground

The Tube goes all actorly

I have not spotted a
celebrity on the London Underground itself for ages. When I first started by main site goingunderground in 1999 I commented that I very rarely saw famous people on the Tube, despite the fact that they often protest that they use it. But when I started the blog I actually saw quite a few including Rob Brydon, Matthew "Tonight I'm going to be" Kelly, Gita out of EastEnders, Scud Stud Rageh Omar, John Hannah, and Peter Dr Who Davison. On my journey on South West Trains I spot quite a lot including Richard E Grant who's a regular traveller from Richmond.

So it was with great excitement that I spotted my first Tube Celebrity for 2006 coming home last night on the Northern Line.

It's not a competition, like this (because it's not very hard and anyone who knows what my Flickr acccount is will find out in seconds), but can you guess who it is? I was really surprised that no one else in the carriage seemed to show any recognition of the great man.

Who is this actor?

Who is this actor spotted on the Northern Line?


I thought as soon as I saw him, that I recognised his face, and then when he pulled out a copy of Alan Bennett's plays I knew it was who I thought it was.

Also has anyone else spotted anyone famous on the Tube recently?


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, January 04, 2006 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2006/01/celebrity-spotting-on-london.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS