Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Mind the Mohican - Guess Where Tube 14 - Win a Mirror Polished Pocket Tube Map

Bumped into Greg who as far as I know is the only London Underground staff member with a Mohican and what a fine Mohican it is too. So thought I would make him the topic of my first "Guess Where Tube" of  2012.

Mind the Mohican - Guess Where Tube

For new visitors unfamiliar with the "Guess Where Tube" game it's where I ask you to guess from exactly where on the London Underground, these pictures in the London Tube Flickr group were taken from.

Greg and his Mohican

I have covered Greg on the blog before. But that was before I knew his name. Yesterday, I had a tiny chat with him before getting on the train that you see in the picture. He's still happy to have photos taken and amazingly London Underground still let him get away with this haircut. "At least it's kind of in corporate colours", I joked.

Previously Greg had explained his thoughts on having a Mohican on the Tube and said "London underground do have a Uniform Standard and for hair it states that it must be clean and tidy.

I try to do my job well and to the best of my abilities, which may be why the management have not made any remarks about my hair. I get loads of comments from customers who love the haircut and kids are fascinated by it , best comment I heard from a child was "Mummy why was does that man look like a chicken" only problem was at the time I was assisting a mobility impaired cutomer and we were both desparately trying not to fall down laughing.

It's nice to be an individual to be slighty different from the rest of the crowd especially when you have to wear a uniform. Next time you see me come say hello I don't bite.
" I did and he doesn't!

As there were no winners on the last Guess Where Tube (where I was offering a prize), I have decided to give a prize for correctly guessing this one:

Mirror with London Underground Map Etched on

It's a mirror polished pocket Tube Map, so you can always check the look of your hair while travelling. As I think it's actually quite easy to get this right I'm only giving you until UK time 11.59pm on Monday 16th January 2012 to make guesses. Try not to look at the comments before you when making your guess.

Make your guesses in the comments below and either leave your blog or twitter name or email address so I can get in touch with you if you're the lucky winner. Anyone who just enters as "Guest" with no means of identifying how to contact them, won't be included in the contest. The person who is the most exact will win & if there's more than one person who guesses the same most correct place, I'll put names into a randomizer & select from there.

Have fun and thanks again to Greg for standing out from the crowd on the Tube.

You might also like

Guess Where Tube 13
Guess Where Tube 12
Guess Where Tube 11
Guess Where Tube 10
Guess Where Tube 9
Guess Where Tube 8
Guess Where Tube 7
Guess Where Tube 6
Guess Where Tube 5
Guess Where Tube 4
Guess Where Tube 3
Guess Where Tube 2
Guess Where Tube 1
Guess Where Tube Quiz
Guess Where Tube Quiz Round Two


; Posted by annie mole Friday, January 13, 2012 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2012/01/mind-mohican-tube-14-win-mirror.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS