Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

London Underground, Ikea and The Shock Doctrine

When I see people like this on the Tube, I know why I live in London and why people still believe it's one of the coolest cities in the world.

Ikea and The Shock Doctrine on the Tube

I've been in this position many times on the Tube where I've had my blue Ikea bag of bits and pieces, struggling back from Neasden London Underground Station, in the days when there was only one Ikea in London - not like the many Ikea stores we have now and they even sponsor the Tube map.

I've also carried back ridiculously large potted plants.

But I've certainly never done both of these and read a copy of The Shock Doctrine at the same time. 10 out of 10 for looking chilled and trendy on the Tube. Klein's book is definitely in my amazon basket now, particularly in light of things I've been blogging about more recently.

Reading Buddha on the Tube

Seeing her and other Londoners on the Tube reading stuff like the Four Hour Work Week and stuff about Buddhism made me realise I need to catch up on a lot of books. Particularly non fiction.

The Four Hour Work Week on the Tube

Regular readers know that I used to belong to a Book Group and that I prefer fiction. I stopped going for a number of reasons but mainly because I had no time to read the books. But perhaps if I read something like The Four Hour Work Week, I'd be able to find more time.

I tend to bluff my way through a lot of non fiction by going to talks by people who've written interesting books. Or I'll read blog posts about their work or even their own blogs. Or talk to people who've done the any of those. I think that's what the above book is about. If anyone knows can they let me know.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, June 03, 2008 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2008/06/london-underground-ikea-and-shock.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS